What do I do with my birth - Kindergarten child as a first time guest to TSC?
When To Arrive:
We recommend that you arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the service.
Where to Park:
Reserved parking is available for you. Please turn on your hazard lights as you enter the parking lot. Our designated guest parking is located in the parking lot in front of Building B.
- When you first arrive, please come to the Visitor tent or C Building welcome desk located in the foyer of the building.
- We will ask you to fill out a brief registration form.
- A member of our Welcome Team will escort you to your preschooler's room.
- Make sure that all your child's belongings are labeled.
- Be sure to inform the Welcome Team and your child's teacher of any allergies or health concerns. If your child has an allergy, please fill out this form.
- Please feel free to contact us with any questions. We look forward to having your child with us on Sunday morning.
What is your church's Well Child policy?
The Preschool Ministry of Thompson Station Church is for well children. We love your child and will miss the opportunity to have him/her in class if they are sick. We do not have the facilities or staff to give the separate, special care that sick children need. If your child has any of the following symptoms, we ask that you keep him/her at home:
- Fever over 99.7 within the last 24 hours.
- Vomiting or diarrhea within the last 24 hours.
- Runny nose with yellow or green drainage. A doctor’s note will clear your child if he/she has the symptoms but is not contagious.
- Skin rashes or eruptions including impetigo, measles, chicken pox, hand, foot & mouth, etc. (If your child contracts any of these, please notify the church office.) Children with skin rashes of unknown origin will not be permitted in preschool care.
- Strep throat. (Children should be on antibiotics for 24 hours before returning to preschool care.)
- Sore throat, croup or persistent coughing associated with respiratory infection. A doctor’s note will clear your child if he/she has the symptoms but is not contagious.
- Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye) which may also have a colored discharge or drainage.
- Parasites, lice, mites or ringworm. These are not common but when present are very contagious.
The Preschool Staff has the final authority regarding children with questionable symptoms to determine if they are well enough to be in the care of preschool ministry.
What should we bring?
When packing a bag for your child, please include the following items:
- two or three disposable diapers
- a complete change of clothes
- bottle/pacifier for babies
- cup of water or juice
Please label all personal items (including pacifiers and sippy cups) with your child's first and last name before arriving at your child's classroom. Permanent markers & diaper bag tags are available at the preschool welcome desk. Any item not labeled may be labeled by your child’s teacher.
What should I do when I get on campus?
When you first arrive, please come to the welcome desk located in the foyer of the C Building. We will ask you to fill out a brief registration form on your first visit. A Welcome Center host will escort you to your preschooler's room.
When You Take Your Child to Class - Please do not enter the classroom. A teacher will meet you at the door to receive your child, bag and any other necessary items. Please note on the sign-in sheet any information that will help in caring for your child such as feeding times, sleeping times, allergies and special needs.
Children must be 3 (& potty trained) by August 15th 2015, to be enrolled in a 3 year-old class.
What about security?
We use Security Stickers to identify your child at pick up. Place the piece with the child's name and information on the child's back. If your child has a food allergy, please place a yellow allergy sticker on the front of his/her shirt (these are located at the Check In Kiosks). The piece with the number only is kept by the parent and used to pick the child up from class. Additionally, if you are needed, the number will be shown on the screens in the Main Worship Center. If your number appears, report to the preschool area immediately.
Will my child get a snack?
Babies-2’s Food Policy: Infants will be fed bottles of juice or formula provided by the parents. Please have your child eat breakfast at home before attending Sunday School. Due to food allergies, children will not be allowed to bring food into the classroom. The only snacks allowed in the classroom are Cheerios, which we will provide. If your child has any food allergies, we ask that you place a yellow “allergy alert” sticker on the front of their shirt.
3’s-K Food Policy: In addition to Cheerios, Fruit Loops, or Goldfish, children may prepare a special snack in class that goes along with the Sunday school lesson. Please check the snack board at each class door for a listing of the menu in case of food allergies. If your child has any allergies, please place a yellow “allergy alert” sticker on the front of their shirt.
What if my child has an allergy?
We strive to make our hallways as allergy friendly as possible. We ask that if your child has an allergy, please fill out this form and bring it with you on Sunday morning to the welcome desk. This will insure that our records are correct and give us a plan of action in the event of a medical emergency.
What will my child be learning?
We believe that even our littlest ones can learn! Regular learning experiences are planned and lessons are reinforced with songs, Bible thoughts and supervised activities designed with the ability of the children in mind. We use First Look's Preschool Curriculum. We seek to assist parents in the spiritual growth of children. Bible Steps will be given to parents so they can review the lesson with their child throughout the week. Click here to access the First Look website.
Who will teach my child's class?
Our goal is to provide quality, consistent and loving care to each child. We do this by staffing our preschool rooms with adult church members who teach in your child’s class every week. Parents are asekd to serve on the Worship Care Team on a rotational basis as a Sunday School Teacher Assistant. Your name will be added to our Worship Care Team after your child has attended class four times in one quarter.
How do I pick up my child?
We ask that parents and siblings do not enter the classroom. Knock on the door and a teacher will greet you. Please have the smaller portion of the numbered security tag to show to the teacher. Make sure that all of your child's personal items have been returned to you before leaving the premises.
Please note: Siblings under the age of 16 are not permitted to pick up younger siblings from their classroom.